Basswood Dragster Kit (Co2)
Ready to sculpt the future? Ready to help tomorrow’s engineers today?
This kit reinforces engineering, technology, and math concepts as students design and builds an efficient model dragster.
Here’s what you can expect:
• Reinforces engineering, technology, and math concepts as students design and build an efficient model dragster
• Carbon-dioxide (Co2) dragster kit provides students in grades 6-12 a hands-on activity to design, build, and race a model Co2 dragster that demonstrates the scientific concepts of aerodynamics, motion, drag, and friction.
• Includes all parts for building a dragster and a lightweight basswood body blank that each student can shape with basic cutting, shaving, or sanding tools for creativity and individuality in the design process.
• Includes expanded polystyrene foam blanks to allow students to create a prototype body shape.
• Teaches automotive design processes and contains illustrations and step-by-step instructions for building a metric Co2 dragster
Kit includes -
- 12" Basswood blanks pre-drilled for Co2 cartridge (1ea)
- Front & Rear Spoke Wheels (2 of each set)
- Instructions (1ea)
- Co2 Cartridges (1ea)
- Axle Washers (4 ea)
- Styrofoam Blanks (1 ea when selected)
- Steel Axles (2 ea)
- Screw Eyes (2 ea)
- Sandpaper (1ea)
- Graph paper (1ea)
- Individual Kit Box (1 ea when selected)
*Please note, if your wanting to order regular Individual dragster Kits they will automatically come with an Individual Kit Box and you'll want to click yes for Styrofoam Blank.
Now you can order LSRAV/Metric dragsters in individual kits, 10 packs, and 50 packs. You can also choose to have styrofoam and boxes in most bulk packs so you can now get exactly what comes with the individual kits.
The Basswood dragster kits provide students in grades 6-12 a hands-on activity to design, build and race a model carbon-dioxide (Co2) dragster that demonstrates the scientific concepts of aerodynamics, motion, drag, and friction. The foam blocks enable students to experiment with creating a prototype body shape before shaping the wood blocks. Students shape the wood block with basic cutting, shaving, or sanding tools for creativity and individuality in the design process. The kit reinforces engineering, technology, and math concepts as students design and builds an efficient model dragster. A model dragster kit is typically used in an educational setting to demonstrate engineering, aerodynamics, and physics.
Some tools you may need: drill, a coping saw, a wood file or rasp, a ruler, scissors, finish or paint, and a race system (all sold separately).
Science education products incorporate applied math and science principles into classroom and home school-based projects. Teachers in pre-K, elementary, and secondary classrooms use science education kits and products alongside science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum to demonstrate STEM concepts and real-world applications through hands-on activities. Science education projects include a broad range of activities, such as practical experiments in engineering, aeronautics, robotics, energy, chemistry, physics, biology, and geology.